So, it's been over a month since I updated on here. Wow. My bad!

Seriously, a lot has been going on in the past month for Fragment, and a lot more will be happening in the next few weeks. First, and most exciting, the editorial staff has come together nicely! Here's a short bio on each of 'em:

Bobby Mathews is an experienced journalist and aspiring novelist. He has won various awards for his writing and reporting and recently moved to Tuscaloosa. He will serve as the writing editor for the first edition of Fragment. He's also my fiance!

Miranda Harbin, mom of Amarie and wife of Blake, is the art editor. She is a 2006 graduate of the University of Alabama and former art and photography teacher at Tuscaloosa County High School. She now works from home as a wedding and event florist.

Ryan Hollingsworth is a University of Alabama student majoring in telecommunication and film and digital media. He and his wife, Megan, also serve as assistant community directors at Lakeside dorm on campus. He is the art director.

I was unable to find anyone to handle marketing, so for now Jon (pastor) and I are sort of tackling those needs as they arise.

I've started looking at some printing options and talked it over with Jon, and we are, unfortunately, probably going to have to rethink the way we are doing the printing. I'm afraid the production cost is going to be higher than we anticipated. So I'm going to keep shopping around to see if I can find somewhere that can handle what we want for a reasonable price. I've got some options around town, but I've really got to get a move on with that!

We're planning to have our first editorial meeting Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. We are going to discuss submission guidelines and some ideas for funding and generating more of a buzz about Fragment. The interest meeting for submitters is in two weeks, so I am going to put something together for that for Sunday so people will know about it. Definitely going to start a Facebook group, too.

This all is very exciting and scary. I want Fragment to be successful and to achieve what we want it to achieve. I want it to look good and be a quality publication. And, honestly, I want to be able to expand and grow. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Oooooh! And I almost forgot: We now have a "real" Web address. It's www.fragmentartsmagazine.com. That just redirects to this site for now, but eventually we will have our own Web site!